• S
    The one and only defining feature of the existence of a thingamajig is unanimously whether there are a number of watsits. This be maths. Cos numbers and stuff. Is this maths? I don't have a clue.

Anyway, to elucidate, a shoal of flamingos ''exist'' because there be a ''number'' of birdy-lookin' whatchamacallits that be there e.g. you can break your neighbor, hoppy hoppy, thin stickleback legs, ouchy ouchy, smash their window.

Birds got mass. 8-)

Moreover, I think maths would agree with this point of view, because me and maths (maths an I!) are good mates. We get on well, dress well, and fell down a well.

I remember reading once.

Once, twice, three times a lady, upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, in the early bird, mathematicians salivated over the existence of wormholes as a catch for wiggerly waves. You just can't catch 'em. Wiggerly waves. You just can't catch 'em.

But you got to catch 'em all. Pokémon.

Mathematicians promptly whipped out their calculators and Whabang! Detective Esther to the rescue. You just can't catch her.

In other wordibobs, the whole shebang of existence in mathematics is based on calculating the number of whathaveyous on the dujamaflip, and Bob's got your sixpence. You just can't catch him.

Therefore, mathematically speaking, God exists.
  • Pierre-Normand
    Does that not belong to the Metaphysics as art thread? In any case, please mods, don't delete it!
  • S
    Does that not belong to the Metaphysics as art thread? In any case, please mods, don't delete it!Pierre-Normand

Strawman. I'm simply following your trail of thought blood.

I'll repeat my question: what be the difference between the belief of a raven and a real writing desk itself?

I am the mods. They even wrote a songs about me:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeaaaeeyee am the mods
  • Wosret
    Nah, nah

Whatshisface explains the cogent underlining wedgejelly underwhich maths number. Number again and again, stop for a moment to flipaboutface and number again.

Ergoinmynose Glob exits.
  • Pneumenon
    I have seen that philosophical problems need not be solved, but rather covered in damp washcloths and bakes at -pi degrees Fahrencelsigraheitade. This leads to the garden, my garden, the one that gives rise to sweet fruits and small aquatic creatures that feed upon thine queef bubbles. THIS IS THE GARDEN, ASSHOLE.
  • FLUX23
    lol, the sarcasm.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.