• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I thought we could get to know one another better than we already do and maybe give a snapshot of what makes up your life from You and your pets to something material that gives you pleasure!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    girls.jpg
    These are the horses that we have been fostering since February. We expected them to be with us a bit longer but last weekend they were moved to another ranch. Loved having them here~
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Pattyandus1.jpg
    Here is a picture of me with my two Indians and my half sister who still lives in Chicago.
  • Benkei
    f1ecpihvde42qsr5.jpeg
    f5klqnk0wzb4skwp.jpg

Little Miss V.

lmjdjb0ka6oi47mg.jpg

Tommie. Our new cat.

izo7p3q4cpz47dh3.jpg

The boss and vice president.

1t7mekz9u20tlo2o.jpg

Tout. L'autre chat.
  • shmik
    pc3x1l5v2u9sw2c7.jpg
    Not really a loved one but it's a constant companion.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am not sure I could wear your watch as it would remind me too often that I would probably become obsessed with the concept. Awesome conversation piece!
  • shmik
    Yeh I've been obsessed with the concept and have had death anxiety since I was a kid. In part this is another way to deal with it.
  • S
    The degus.

IMG_20151111_210616.jpg
    IMG_20151111_210419.jpg
    IMG_20151111_210425.jpg
  • Mayor of Simpleton

Please please please...

That would be the best avatar possible! :D

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    So...

Ms. Mayor, Jinx (stealth black cat) and Cleo (stupid fluffy tiger) and what I do and do to keep on doing it...

s2a19pc83qnecwzc.jpg
    bmn782neu9w75nbk.jpg
    ovupyjkfg4uk52c1.jpg
    d7ku7a4tyfqis150.jpg
    idbnf68k9wu32lkx.jpg
    twrsp6xxr81c45cm.jpg
    3kpyq3qbg3q8myts.jpg
    0tuir3i8090ndioj.jpg
    ap4d0k9xth1cuivk.jpg
    f4u20lf4fwro9097.jpg

Meow!

GREG
  • S
    Damn you and your adorable cats, mayor! I want one again.
  • S
    So, I caved in and bought an adorable little kitten several hours ago. I haven't thought of a name for her yet. Here's a photo that I just took while she was sleeping on my pillow.

g9ju3sq9h3efh39u.jpg
  • S
    iebz5v4jax6x5wog.jpg
    cyboddip0en0dbp6.jpg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A few pictures from my trip home. A frigid selfie as I wait for the train to take me back to the city from the suburbs, where my Dad is. The views of the Sears Tower are from the Air B&B apartment I stayed at while in Chicago. The top of the Sears Tower was lit in red for Valentine's Day as well as to draw attention to Heart Health. The last image is of a man and woman, walking arm and arm along the river walk in their Sunday best, as the rest of the city hustled by, in and out of Union Station.
    20160206_135849.jpg
    20160206_164318.jpg
    20160203_165327.jpg
    20160204_173514.jpg
    20160201_101233.jpg
  • Baden
    03j2nn7fqo8i2z0v.jpg

I'm the one who's not a leprechaun.
  • BC
    Quote from a dour gay Scotsman named Scott: "St. Patrick's Day is nothing but another excuse for the Irish to get drunk." As a young part-Irish man, I never got drunk on St. Patrick's Day -- too many other days of the year for that. Now I rarely drink. I did get quite tipsy (close to drunk) last week after a wine and cheese reception -- the white wine was quite good for a change, but the cheese was totally missable.

My mother's ancestors were Irish, but Protestant she emphasized. They came over at the time of the Irish Famine. My father's side were the English oppressors -- they came over in the 1690s, I think.

Both families had apparently been influenced by 19th/20th century temperance thinking. Very little drinking in our house. Methodists.

A good book came out in the late 1980s, author is Dennis Day -- not the tenor: Why Catholics Can't Sing. It analyzes how English suppression of Catholicism in Ireland inhibited the development of Catholic hymn singing, (something that didn't happen to the Protestant Celtic Welsh) and then on to how Catholic music in the United States was blighted by various cultural influences--a lot of it being just plain bad music.

Day is on target. Visit a typical Lutheran church -- Lutherans are supposed to be able to sing -- and you will find them singing the same kind of dreary contemporary liturgical crap that the Irish Catholics are messing with. I attend a fairly liberal traditional liturgy Lutheran church and we are able to sing the hymns and liturgical responses well, because good hymns (such as are in the Lutheran Book of Worship) lend themselves to congregational singing: strong melody, a 'Lutheran' cadence, (moderate speed--a bit faster than high Episcopal, much slower than evangelical Baptists). Some people sing in parts.
  • Baden
    Why Catholics Can't Sing.Bitter Crank

Never heard of U2?

Oh, bad example :-|
  • BC
    I think he was talking about Catholics in church, not catholics in concert.
  • Shawn
    A while ago at the Hammer museum:
    0HmRmoi.jpg

With my fav cat, called "Chudy", which in Polish means "slim" or "skinny", which is far from the truth. Miss him a lot...
    gF4prL6.jpg
  • Hanover
    That cat is like twice your size.
  • Shawn

Yes, he's a big cat. Fat, plumpy, and fuzzy. *Sniff*
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I think you are a good looking guy!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.