• Mongrel
    Just 'cause I miss the old bastard.
  • Hanover
    Which old bastard?
  • Hanover
    I say we call him. I believe Tiff has his contact information. Of course, once he returns we will wonder why we summoned him.

In the meantime, I'll be him:

The cat is on the mat iff the cat is on the mat. Duck rabbit.
  • Mongrel
    I actually would like to know that he's ok. Thanks for the impression. Do you do Trump?
  • Hanover
    Trump? Yes, yes I do. Our wall is going to be fantastic.

Suppose you heard Banno was run over by a train and that he was definitely not ok, what would you then do other than just sort of knowing it? Give me your best showing of concern.

Here's mine: Did you hear about Banno and the train? Sucks, no?
  • Mongrel
    Suppose you heard Banno was run over by a train and that he was definitely not ok, what would you then do other than just sort of knowing it? Give me your best showing of concern.

Here's mine: Did you hear about Banno and the train? Sucks, no?
    Hanover

I would start collecting funds for a Banno Memorial... maybe similar to the Ground Zero thing in NYC. Or maybe like the Oklahoma City Federal Building Bombing Memorial... it was a bunch of twigs stuck in a fence.
  • BC

From the Sydney (AU) Post: Train running over man delayed 90 minutes. Passengers irritated by delay.

BTW, it wasn't an accident. IF the train had arrived on time, the bomb on the bridge would have exploded and the train would have crashed into the flood-swolen river. A woman had been asked to choose between throwing Banno under the train, or killing the one authentic, oppressed, colonialized, colored, transgendered, intersectional feminist on the train. Since it was a woke middle-class female adjunct philosophy instructor who did the choosing, she, of course, opted to kill the white man. (See the thread "wtf is feminism these days".)
  • Agustino
    BTW, it wasn't an accident. IF the train had arrived on time, the bomb on the bridge would have exploded and the train would have crashed into the flood-swolen river. A woman had been asked to choose between throwing Banno under the train, or killing the one authentic, oppressed, colonialized, colored, transgendered, intersectional feminist on the train. Since it was a woke middle-class female adjunct philosophy instructor who did the choosing, she, of course, opted to kill the white man. (See the thread "wtf is feminism these days".)Bitter Crank
    >:O - crazy progressives!
  • Hanover
    Since it's clear Banno will not be coming back, let us on this day hereby consider him dead. A eulogy is in order, but I am too emotional to begin. I will therefore turn the podium over to others to speak to all he was. The only thing I can muster at this difficult time is to say that unlike others who are struck down in the prime of their lives with so much more to give and so much more to say, Banno had lingered in good health far too long, having nothing more of value to give and nothing more to say.

And now I invite others to speak...
  • BC
    Per your link... Only the most philistine slobs would serve a cocktail in a plastic cup. Even if your vodka comes in a plastic bottle and costs pocket change a pint, you wouldn't drink it out of a plastic cup. (Cheap vodka is properly consumed directly from the bottle. It may be passed if it's a communion.
  • Cavacava

Red solo cup, my friend.
  • Hanover
    So predictable.
  • Sir2u
    I hope you buggers have somewhere to hide when he shows up.
    The whiplash of his sarcasm will tear you to shreds.
    The sharp prongs of his irony will pierce your shaking frames.

And if you are really honest, you all miss him. X-)
  • Sir2u
    And on what do you base your claim that he is old?
  • Baden
    Oh @Banno, @Banno! Wherefore art thou, @Banno?

We could also use a bit of @180 Proof and a few others from the old crowd.
  • Michael
    I wonder how long till blueblood finds his way here. We're lacking in the "white people were used as shoe leather" posts.
  • Jamal
    Speaking of PF members who haven't properly made it over here, I don't get why @busy (busycuttingcrap) hasn't joined in, despite actually joining last year. I recall that he, along with several others, wasn't happy about the way the TPF faction abandoned ship, but none of that matters now.

EDIT: Maw, too, though I don't think he's joined this site at all yet.
  • unenlightened
    Just 'cause I miss the old bastard.Mongrel

The old bastard has been appraised of your missing.
  • Hanover
    The question isn't why some haven't come over, but it's why some have.

Oh no! That was mean. I take it back.
  • Michael
    I came over to get away from Hanover.

Oh no! That was mean. I stand by it.
  • Ruminant
    Just as I suspected... Hanover is still not funny :(
  • Hanover
    The things what you say are mean and if I had the knife that went through the interwebs, I would stab each of everybody here.

I'm talking stupid so you can understand me.
  • Ruminant
    I appreciate you talking down to my level. Your comedy seems to improve when the audience can understand what you're conveying.
  • Banno
    Hmm. What to make of all this.
  • Baden
    I may have interpreted my Bible incorrectly, but is the apocalypse now upon us?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.