• Hanover
    Here we go again...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Speaking of "Here we go again..."
    My Mother In Law, NicK and I have agreed to transform our 2.5 car garage into a studio apartment for her. This is the SECOND time we have gone "Ring around the Rosey" about this long term solution. So today I have to call back the contactors that I called off a year ago, obtain quotes which will likely be higher than last year and I think I am going to need a LOT more coffee...
  • Nils Loc
    Mother in Laws should carry their own weight.
  • Wosret
    Falcons didn't win...
  • Sir2u
    Could we please have some guidelines as to exactly what could fall into the "last word" category?

Could it be the last word in a book? If so, are there any specific types of books?

Could it be the last posted word before a post is set to lock? if so, when would it be locked?

Could it be the last word uttered by the last specimen of humanity? Err sorry, that one wouldn't count because no one would ever hear it.

Let gets some rule to the game folks and then find ways to bend and break them.
  • Hanover
    All excellent points. The rules:

a. The poster of the last word wins.
    b. A poster is anything that posts, unless that thing is something else.
    c. "Something else" is defined by the last word.
    d. "Last" is defined by the person immediately prior to the person who wins, lest the winner and the immediate preceeding poster are the same, in which case the Assembly of 13 shall convene on the 13th of April in the year following the winner being declared,and they shall so decide in retrospect.
    e. The Assembly of 13 shall be shrouded in mystery for eternity and should its shroud of nebulousness be clarified in any regard, you shall surely die.
    f. "Word" shall be defined as any arrangement of alphanumeric characters other than "put" and "done.
    g. The game shall formally begin the yesterday following the 3rd day preceding the crowning of the victor minus 13 lest same falls on a Sunday, in which case there shall be no game, but instead the day will be a day of fasting and contemplation.

Questions or concerns?
  • Sir2u
    Questions or concerns?Hanover

WTF.
    Me things u done put a spanner in de workz.
  • S
    Ah, so it was the Falcons and not the Red Pants. And they didn't win a bowl. That's too bad.
  • Hanover
    The Falcons lost, keeping intact their record of never winning a championship in the 50 year history of the franchise. A perfect record.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    My Mother In Law was shocked to find out that it was going to cost a pretty coin to make this conversion and has decided to just live in her Conversion van, to which I said only for this one season, as it is mid March and it was 88* yesterday and she is not leaving for CO or WA until the end of May. HOW do I not let her come back without a plan?
    Mental gymnastics that leaves me spinning and wondering why the fuck am I the one that is so worried about her having a plan? Oh yeah because NicK and I have been happily married for 23 years/living together for 27 years and as I expressed to him, she cannot move into the house when the kids move out because it is either her or me, I just cannot do it. He said "Then she better formulate a plan."
    Round and round and round we go, where we stop I SHOULD KNOW!
  • S
    Stop trying to steal my last word. Tiff, you've already had the last word in the old discussion (even though it was really me in disguise), so you should give someone else a chance (like me when I'm not in disguise).

I'm hungry. I should've gone shopping or ordered a takeaway earlier when I had the chance. :(

(First World Problem?)

Ah ha! I found the solution: midnight beans on toast. With those little sausages.
  • Hanover
    Midnight beans on toast isn't something you'd eat in America. In America we eat gruel and boiled dandelions on crackers we make by burning a corn meal paste on a scalding iron skillet. We then rub red Georgia clay on our bodies to protect ourselves against the mosquitos and gnats as we sleep face down in the pine straw so that our sadness will be hidden from the heavens.

That, my friend, is the way you write a last word.
  • VagabondSpectre
    If you want the last word, then just directly and meticulously respond to everything your opponent says with unyielding persistence.

I guess the whole point of a debate is to see who can outshine and outlast their opponent(s ideas) while accurately addressing the subject matter and adhering to the constraints of logic and reason. It's generally easier to do when you have the truth on your side, and much more taxing when your position is actually inferior (assuming both parties are reasonable). But every once in awhile you come up against a clown so adept at performing mental back-flips that there can never be new development or actual end to the cartoonishly flat dialogue they inevitably render.

Oops, you gotta have a do-over. Has your America any up-beat rituals?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Hanover, I bet Sedona dirt is redder than the red clay you have in Georgia.
    Red%20Rock%20Crossing%20Sedona,%20Arizona.jpg
  • S
    Midnight beans on toast isn't something you'd eat in America. In America we eat gruel and boiled dandelions on crackers we make by burning a corn meal paste on a scalding iron skillet. We then rub red Georgia clay on our bodies to protect ourselves against the mosquitos and gnats as we sleep face down in the pine straw so that our sadness will be hidden from the heavens.

That, my friend, is the way you write a last word.
    Hanover

Enjoy your gruel, Workhouse.

No, you may not have more.
  • Sir2u
    Who is winning here?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Me
    How are you Sir? I trust life is treating you well?
  • Sir2u
    Hey Tiff
    Been busy this year, busier than any I can remember.
    But all is well, except for the political situation down here. Things are getting a bit messy because this is the election year and everyone is going to start throwing shit soon.
    I have spent so much time in front of the computer at work that I don't even want to turn mine on when I get home.
    Things should be slowing down a bit so I might get a chance to stick my nose in here more often.
    Just got to keep on smiling. Damn it, where do they hide the clown smilie?
  • S
    Damn it, where do they hide the clown smilie?Sir2u

Check down the drain.

cz8yj8j603t8upjg.jpg
  • Sir2u
    "Check down the drain."

I ASKED ABOUT A CLOWN SMILIE!!!!!!!!
    Not a smiley clown. :s
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    IMG9520170611951234043.jpg
    Princess Kahlua growing as she naps. (L)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Oh and I did get the last word 8-)
  • Sir2u
    Oh and I did get the last word 8-)ArguingWAristotleTiff

Nope, I just had to answer your question. :D

Not been around for a while, going to try and catch up a bit next week during our mid year vacation. Two weeks with no screaming kids, sounds like heaven.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Two weeks with no screaming kids, sounds like heaven.Sir2u

Where is this Heaven you speak of Sir?
  • Sir2u
    Where is this Heaven you speak of Sir?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Fix my house, any helpers will get free room and board, all the beer they can drink and be allowed to take a siesta after lunch. X-)

Check out the volunteering web-page My_Little_Heaven.com for details on how to get here.(Just kidding)

You have the coordinates Tiff, chug along over and visit.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    You have the coordinates Tiff, chug along over and visit.Sir2u

Could you leave the porch light on for me?
  • TimeLine

My dog could beat your dog any day... at sleeping that is. :D Lazy, loyal bastard that I love to death.

xxfo9t5c4qj5pmf9.jpeg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Lazy, loyal bastard that I love to death.TimeLine

Elliot is a handsome boy!
    however
    Rotties Rock 8-)
  • TimeLine
    Rotties Rock 8-)ArguingWAristotleTiff

Rottweilers can be aggressive, almost scary, probably because they are physically too powerful. Basset Hounds sleep for 20 hours a day! But my favourite breed are Border Collies though, but I don't have a large enough backyard for them. :’(
  • S
    Rough Collies are better. I was fortunate enough to have one as a family pet many years ago when I was a child.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.