• TheMadFool

I completely forgot about domination winning mating rights. A big ego does confer survival advantage.

I guess the paradox here is the reverse i.e. why is a big ego a turn-off?
  • intrapersona
    I completely forgot about domination winning mating rights. A big ego does confer survival advantage.

I guess the paradox here is the reverse i.e. why is a big ego a turn-off?
    TheMadFool

People don't want to feel inferior, domination = inferiority.

More than that, it is very distasteful when someone breaks a social code like farting at a dinner tables or shouting in a movie theatre...
  • TheMadFool
    People don't want to feel inferior, domination = inferiority.intrapersona

The only way I can make sense of this is that human beings are in a transition phase between being solitary predators and group hunters/farmers.

It seems the only reason why we're social animals is that there's safety in numbers.
  • intrapersona
    The only way I can make sense of this is that human beings are in a transition phase between being solitary predators and group hunters/farmers.

It seems the only reason why we're social animals is that there's safety in numbers.
    TheMadFool

Perhaps we are not on the way between anywhere but actually have both instincts encoded in to our genes, that way we can work to suit both environments and indeed there exists both environments in our modern societies. The farmer has to be in solitude as he tends his crop, the CEO has to deal with many interactions while at the same time has a very self-oriented interest.

I just look at how other apes act, it really isn't any difference... which is kind of fucked in a way... but kinda of beautiful too... like no matter how complex this shit is getting, we are still just pure apes at heart and have maintained to be for over 2000 years... u would think in 2000 years psychology would of changed but all that has developed is better methods of dealing with the primitive psychological functions and not re-writing them.
  • TheMadFool
    Perhaps we are not on the way between anywhere but actually have both instincts encoded in to our genes, that way we can work to suit both environments and indeed there exists both environments in our modern societies.intrapersona

I guess we're amphibious in a way, having the best of both worlds. Somehow we're made to serve the community while still trying to achieve our self-interest.
  • intrapersona
    Somehow we're made to serve the community while still trying to achieve our self-interest.TheMadFool

Yeah, I guess that's why they invented tax.
  • TheMadFool
    Yeah, I guess that's why they invented tax.intrapersona

And almost everything else:-}
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention