• Moliere
    The last game which reminded me of the old Zelda games was Titan Souls, which was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and repetitive, but so worth it for the sense of relief and accomplishment when you complete the game. The whole game consists of those classic boss fights. (And no words are used in that game, either).Chief Owl Sapientia

Sounds like the sort of game I'd like.

Boss fights were a big part of Hyper Light Drifter, but so was the exploration and dungeon crawling.

Speaking of Zelda, the new Legend of Zelda game, Breath of the Wild, looks so good, and it has received exceptional reviews, with scores of 10/10. But I only have a PS4, and won't be getting a Nintendo console just for one game.Chief Owl Sapientia

Yeah, while I agree that it looks like a very cool and fun game, I certainly won't be buying a console for it.

It'd be nice if they'd consider a windows release.
  • ernestm
    The first computer game I ever played was Ultima VII, which was in our test suite while developing the Pentium I at Intel. Since then I only really enjoyed similar games, the most recent being Skyrim.

It's a little old now, but with mods it's just as good visually as any other game now available, and it still has all the best of Ultima bits tucked into it. I tried Witcher 3 which was meant to be the newest and best last year, but didn't get past the first village, it was just a glorified arcade game in comparison. I don't think I will ever play another computer game again, Skyrim seems to have totally satiated me with the whole thing.
  • VagabondSpectre
    Here are the games I play currently. Real games...

Space Station 13 (Survival, Sci-Fi-Horror, round-based-role-play, atmospheric/medical simulation, PvP/PvE, online-multiplayer)

Dwarf Fortress (Survival, fantasy, world-simulation)

DayZ (Survival simulator, Horror, PvP/PvE, online-multiplayer, unfinished game in Alpha early access phase of development)

And if I'm bored enough, Rocket League (Soccer with invincible rocket powered cars and a giant soccer-ball)
  • _db
    Greatest game I've ever played.

• TheMadFool
    Civilization 4

Sniper 3
  • S
    Okay, Hyper Light Drifter is bloody difficult, like Titan Souls. I play for a while and then rage quit. I'm currently on the first boss: the bird.
  • Banno
    What am I playing right now? Slow slide on my Washburn.
  • Moliere
    :D

I think the most important skill I bought was the ability to zoom multiple times in the boot store. I used it more than any other skill, and bought it early on. Not sure if that'll help you, just saying that it accommodated my playing style the most and made a lot of parts easier.

But, yeah, I agree the game is challenging.
  • Thorongil
    I must say that Middle Earth: Shadow of War looks pretty neat. Didn't play the first and might try that if it goes on sale. As a Tolkien fan, my concern has been the seemingly ridiculous and lore-breaking premise, but I suppose it could still be a good game on its own.
  • Moliere
    Sounds interesting. The last game which reminded me of the old Zelda games was Titan Souls, which was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and repetitive, but so worth it for the sense of relief and accomplishment when you complete the game. The whole game consists of those classic boss fights.Sapientia

I finally picked this one up the other day. I'm so glad I did. I really like the 1-hit mechanic since it feels like killing the monster is just out of reach, and they still manage to make the fights feel epic. (haven't beaten it yet, but it's tons of fun).
  • Wosret
    Beat far cry primal. Well, you know, I beat the main story and did most of the side quests, like 75% complete.

Got Witcher 3 the other day, good walmart sale on it. Kind of a slow start... feels like its going to be story heavy.

I like far cry primal a lot, even though it's basically the same thing as far cry 4, but in the stone age. I was born in the wrong age. I wish that I lived ten thousand years ago or something.
  • Benkei
    I can recommend Nioh. Just finished it. Pretty tough but not as tough as demon souls or dark souls 1. It's also more fun that I can play together with a friend online (although one of us would have had to have finished the level).
  • Wosret
    I've been playing Bloodborne while listening to Bart D Ehrman's book on the gnostic gospel of judas. Just finished the book today.
  • Wheatley
    Resident Evil Biohazard. It's really scary.
  • S
    Resident Evil Biohazard. It's really scary.Purple Pond

I chickened out and cheated! :lol:

Instead of continuing to try to complete the game, I gave up and just watched a YouTube video of someone else completing the game.

But I did recently play through and finish Outlast 2. Love the series and can't wait for the next installment.
  • Wheatley
    Been hooked on Civilization 6 for a while, played a little Astral Chain, and then got lost in the amazing world of Dragon Quest 11. Now back to the real world :worry: .

Oh, I almost forgot, I also played the remake of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I really enjoyed that game.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.