• wuliheron
    You seem to be on some kind of tirade against classical logic. But this has nothing to do with what I asserted, namely that Gödel's theorems don't assume classical logic and that classical mathematics is not a subset of intuitionistic mathematics (where mathematics A is a subset of mathematics B iff all theorems provable in A are also provable in B). I have no intention of defending classical logic here, nor, for the matter, did Gödel in his incompleteness paper.Nagase

Classical logic is enormously useful and I have nothing against it, but I also have nothing against other types of logic either because they are all context dependent as far as I'm concerned. What is logic and what is a joke simply depends upon the context which is why the US government has finally come out and admitted that they have classified a few jokes as "Vital to the National Defense". When is logic no longer logical? When it contradicts the evidence or itself. When is a stupid joke no longer just another stupid joke? When its more useful than anyone's stupid ideas about reality.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.