• Baden
    Post links to philosophy podcasts you'd like to share. (+Please add a brief description of the content / style).
  • Baden
    The Partially Examined Life. Broad range of philosophical topics discussed in an often informal style.
  • shmik
    Elucidations, Interviews with various philosophers who give an overview of a problem. Really good for this format, pity that it's all analytic philosophy.

Myoclonic Jerk, this is probably my favorite podcast. It's not 'proper' philosophy, rather comedy and exploration of some themes which are somewhat philosophical. First episode is probably the weakest.

Entitled Opinions - conversations with a guest each episode. As the title suggests, this is the most wanky thing I've heard. Some episodes are great but it's hit and miss.

London School of Economics etc Public Lectures. Some good ones. 'Sartre on the transcendental' is a summary of Sartre's transcendence of the ego which was stand out.

Courses

Berkeley Recorded Lectures
    Dreyfus - Heidegger
    Dreyfus - Man God and Society in Western Literature
    Dreyfus - Existentialism in literature and film.

John Joseph Campbell - Theory of meaning.
    John Joseph Campbell - The nature of mind.

Dreyfus take a bit of getting used to but his lectures are great.
    John Joseph Campbell lecture are introductions to various topics. So the theory of meaning for example starts off with Frege and works through the various positions in phil of language that have to do with meaning and reference. It concentrates mostly on articles rather than book.
    I don't like Searle's lectures much and never make it thought more than the first couple.

Rhetoric 10 - Daniel Coffeen, rhetoric lectures from Berkeley. The most enthusiastic and engaging lecturer I've heard though I rolled my eyes once in a while. The texts that he covers are really good.

Bernstein tapes, 3 lecture courses. I've only been the the CPR one, decent lecturer.

Critique of Pure Reason - Oxford. Nice intro to the CPR.

Ancient Greek History - Yale.Just for fun.
  • phrzn
    Hi everybody,
    Philosophy Bites is a podcast I found really interesting. I hope you also enjoy it.
  • anonymous66
    The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
    Peter Adamson, Professor of Philosophy at the LMU in Munich and at King's College London, takes listeners through the history of philosophy, "without any gaps." The series looks at the ideas, lives and historical context of the major philosophers as well as the lesser-known figures of the tradition.
  • T Clark
    http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/philosopherszone/

The Philosopher's Zone from Australia. 30 minute programs. Not difficult, but not shallow either. Very broad ranging. Almost never silly, strident, or obtuse. As a skeptic of western philosophy, I have found this program has opened my mind to the possibilities.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment