• Michael
    Did the film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel definitively resolve the the question of how the human mind and body can causally interact?Sapientia

Yes, but it takes three viewings in one day to see it.
  • m-theory

I'm so confused.
    :(
  • Mongrel
    Nietzsche just makes it up as he goes along.
  • unenlightened
    Yeah, proper philosophers make it up before they begin.
  • Nils Loc
    Who are these intellectual snobs, suffering under the oppressive reality of a dominance hierarchy?

I'm not interested in truth but rather status (which genuine curiosity might confer in this neighborhood). I don't have any in any domain. Donald Trump would call me a loser. :(
  • StreetlightX
    There is currently a debate happening in the forum about penguin suicide.

That is all.
  • Sapientia
    Are you? Perhaps a clue will help.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Go Meryl StreepSapientia

Yes please! Go Meryl!
    Sapienitia, are you willing to host her?? Take her...she's yours! 8-)
  • Sapientia
    Take her...she's yours!ArguingWAristotleTiff

This would be a perfect moment for a raised eyebrow smilie. :D
  • Mongrel
    Exactly. It should be made up at least 30 minutes before commencing tome.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    This would be a perfect moment for a raised eyebrow smilieSapientia

Look, Meryl is not happy, Whoopie swore she would move, along with a bunch of other folks if Trump was elected. Though I did not EVER want Hillary, anywhere near the Presidential office, I never said that if she was elected, I would leave the country. If these folks are so worked up about the 45th President elect, such as yourself Sapientia, then please open your arms and welcome the lot of them in.
    The USA is to be United and Meryl along with Elizabeth Warren don't want to unite so let them go, be free!
    In the meantime, the rest of us are going to do what we have been doing, day in and day out and that is working our asses off to obtain clients that pay, stay and refer. They are the bread and butter of our small business existence and in the last 8 years the strangle hold of regulations has been near lethal for the businesses that we help grow. There is not a single small business owner, in OUR profession of POS (Point Of Sale) computer networking business, that is not GENUINELY excited about what the next 4-8 yrs hold.
    And Sapientia my fine feathered friend, excitement in the small business world is like gasoline being poured onto a log of Pitch that has been smoldering for almost a decade.
    Like a Phoenix, the USA is rising from the ashes.
  • unenlightened
    Like a Phoenix, the USA is rising from the ashes.ArguingWAristotleTiff

You know that's a myth, right? In the real world nothing rises from the ashes except the stench of burning corpses.
  • Baden
    The USA is to be United and Meryl along with Elizabeth Warren don't want to unite so let them go, be free!ArguingWAristotleTiff

If the USA really is to be united, Meryl and Elizabeth are the least of your worries, the 100 million or so other Americans who consider Trump an abomination (read the polls) may be a somewhat more inconvenient assemblage to force to walk the plank of the good ship, Trumpmerica.

There is not a single small business owner, in OUR profession of POS (Point Of Sale) computer networking business, that is not GENUINELY excited about what the next 4-8 yrs hold.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Deregulation will probably help small business owners like yourselves, but that doesn't make Trump's overall economic plan of more spending (infrastructure, the military, his hair) and less revenue (massive tax cuts for the rich), desirable. (Do the math).
  • Mongrel
    It's all fun and games until somebody creates an image of a continent full of smoking corpses.
  • Baden

Lol. At least un only created an image though. There's a certain angry orange hairball stalking around that's about to be given the nuclear codes.
  • Mongrel
    True. And the genius tweeted 'Let's have an arms race' or some such.
  • Michael
    True. And the genius tweeted 'Let's have an arms race' or some such.Mongrel

Looks hard.

hqdefault.jpg
  • Robert Lockhart
    15...30...45...60 - Bam!...Never mind all that 'Where am I comin from/goin to?' mularky – Just how come's so friggin short? - An' how's such a blink of an eye meant to accommodate time sufficient to exaust the impulses of human immaturity, thereby permitting at the end the requisite equinimanous state of, 'All passion spent' and the statutarily required attitude of serene reconciliation towards the encroaching 'Eternal Dream'? Talk about, 'short-changed'? Wouldn't be so bad if there was even a Complaints Dept. - Should be ‘done’ under the ‘Trade Descriptions Act’! :(

NB. Conversly with regard to the above, I' ve admittedly heard it said that on a journey distance travelled is not necessarily proportional to time taken - so that in retrospect, it can turn out that someone who didn't make it past 25 nonetheless ultimately had a more meaningful life-experience than another who made it past 90!
  • Robert Lockhart
    Among various Immortal-Truth type aphorisms recently seen inscribed on a public urinal wall - "Daft women can't invent things."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.