• Roee
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for someone who would be interested in reading modern philosophical works (each on his own) and then share some ideas to improve our understanding of the texts. At the moment I'm concentrating on Kierkegaard but I'm pretty flexible so if you're interested let me know at:

Take care,
    Roee
  • Jamal
    For whoever is interested, we have a section for reading groups that could do with more action.

http://thephilosophyforum.com/categories/reading-groups
  • YIOSTHEOY
    This reminds me of the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks stuck on his South Pacific Island and only his soccer ball to keep him company.

I think I would have found a pet rat and made it my companion if I were stuck on an Island.

My cat is my best companion now. We go on walks together and he stays pretty close. Sometimes he likes to lead and other times he likes to follow.

Philosophy is not his forte. But he is a great hunter, and also very playful and vocal as well.

Maybe you need a cat too. If you do, try getting a 5 week old kitten if you can. That is the age when they can first eat solid canned food. Then from that early age they will imprint on you and be your constant companion for about 15 to 20 years -- a lot longer than the average marriage -- about the same time frame as raising a kid.
  • YIOSTHEOY

Bravo !! Problem solved !!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.