• Metaphysician Undercover

I tried to access the site but my software prevented me from going there, citing malicious adware, or something like that.
  • Pierre-Normand
    Some eight months ago, darthbarracuda wrote:

"What something is is not simply a question of its material constitution but of its relationship to other things as well."

This has become my philosophical motto. It's hard to pack more wisdom about metaphysics into one short sentence.
  • S
    Anyone check up on the old PF recently?Metaphysician Undercover

Yes, just now. No change. Some poor fool actually purchased a sponsorship.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

So it's still impossible to reply to anything? Why would anyone purchase a sponsorship?
  • S
    So it's still impossible to reply to anything?Metaphysician Undercover

Yes, or even to view threads.

Why would anyone purchase a sponsorship?Metaphysician Undercover

Well, in this case, they most likely didn't realise that the forum has been fucked for the past two years right up to the present.
  • Pierre-Normand
    Well, in this case, they most likely didn't realise that the forum has been fucked for the past two years right up to the present.Sapientia

The old forum still has its use. It's a convenient place where not to post in case one is espousing an extreme form of Wittgensteinian quietism.
  • Agustino
    Some eight months ago, darthbarracuda wrote:

"What something is is not simply a question of its material constitution but of its relationship to other things as well."

This has become my philosophical motto. It's hard to pack more wisdom about metaphysics into one short sentence.
    Pierre-Normand
    Oh wow, it is very wise indeed (Y)
  • Agustino
    Rumor on the street has it that Paul is desperately trying to fix it, even for free, but Eric Porat isn't replying to anyone, not just Paul. I guess he purposefully wants to use the website as a trash can.

They don't know site isn't working. They think if they purchase sponsorship, they'll have access.
  • Wosret
    Maybe it's haunted, and Porat is afraid of spooky ghosts.
  • Sir2u
    Well, in this case, they most likely didn't realise that the forum has been fucked for the past two years right up to the present.

If this is the case, why the hell are they even trying to go there when they don't know how to read.

The shoutbox tell everyone that the place is dead.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Rumor on the street has it that Paul is desperately trying to fix it, even for free, but Eric Porat isn't replying to anyone, not just Paul. I guess he purposefully wants to use the website as a trash can.Agustino

What street are you talking about? Are you talking about rumor on the web? Which by the way, I have not heard of until I read this post and wonder where you heard this rumor.

It is not a trash can because those are emptied and filled, hence their purpose. I bet you $100 of Hanover's money that if you could research Eric Porat Or Richard Porat 's tax returns, you will see a business investment to the tune of $20k and the intended failure to convert it to a tax write off. That IS the only reason I can come up with why Eric Porat would not want to sell it back or abandon it all together.
  • Agustino
    What street are you talking about? Are you talking about rumor on the web? Which by the way, I have not heard of until I read this post and wonder where you heard this rumor.ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I have my sources ;)

It is not a trash can because those are emptied and filled, hence their purpose. I bet you $100 of Hanover's money that if you could research Eric Porat Or Richard Porat 's tax returns, you will see a business investment to the tune of $20k and the intended failure to convert it to a tax write off. That IS the only reason I can come up with why Eric Porat would not want to sell it back or abandon it all together.ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Probably.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I have my sources ;)Agustino

We have ways of making you talk >:)
  • Agustino
    >:O Of course, that's why I'm telling you in the first place, hopefully, you'll use the carrot, not the stick...
  • Agustino

Yes, he only eats veggie burger.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.