• dclements
    After the old defunct philosophyforums.com was sold and was no longer maintained I kind of quit doing the whole philosophy forum thing altogether (also there was personal stuff I had to take care of). However I noticed that some of the old forum members are at this forum (instead of another forum that I have been visiting) and wanted to reach out and talk a little bit to see who else is here. :D
  • Jamal
    Hello and welcome @dclements. I'm here 8-)

In case you don't know, we set up this forum specifically for PF members when it was sold back in 2015. Many of us suspected things wouldn't turn out well over there.
  • dclements

Thanks. :D

I remember getting a email or PM about many forum members relocating to another site, but that was before the site stopped working and other issues that required my attention and caused me to stop posting for awhile. By the time I started posting again it had been awhile since I got the message and wasn't sure where to find it to use the link to get here.

Anyways I'm just glad to see someplace that has some of the old forum members in it. :)
  • Maw
    Hey @dclements I joined about two weeks ago for the same reason as yourself.
  • Ying
    I sometimes post on here, too. Currently busy playing Overwatch though, so there's that.
  • jojo
    I was briefly a mod on the old philosophy forum about 11 years ago (as notquitethere). It's remarkable how the new owners could mess the place up so much. Maybe the residual ad revenue covers their costs? Goes to show that a community discussion group shouldn't be run for profit.
  • S
    I was briefly a mod on the old philosophy forum about 11 years ago (as notquitethere).jojo

Wow, that was a long time ago. Way before my time. Although, even for me it has been 7 years, which also seems like a long time ago.

Anyway, welcome.
  • Agustino
    How old were you when you joined PF? 14? >:O
  • S
    How old were you when you joined PF? 14? >:OAgustino

I wish. That'd make me 21, which is actually how old I was when I joined PF. But people often assume that I'm about that age anyway, and are surprised when I tell them my age. Apparently I look several years younger than I am.
  • Agustino
    I wish. That'd make me 21, which is actually how old I was when I joined PF. But people often assume that I'm about that age anyway, and are surprised when I tell them my age.Sapientia
    Handsome young lad, what can you do :D
  • S
    Handsome young lad, what can you do :DAgustino

Are you coming on to me? ( >:O )
  • Shawn
    Arrived at PF first as "willowz", got banned and came back as Q~uestion. Now I'm here as 'Question'...

Kinda funny...
  • S
    Arrived at PF first as "willowz", got banned and came back as Q~uestion. Now I'm here as 'Question'...

Kinda funny...
    Question

Really?! You're willowz?! I remember that guy. Never knew. (Or maybe I did, but forgot).
  • Agustino
    Are you coming on to me? ( >:O )Sapientia
    Yes I want to grab you by the :-x >:O
  • Agustino

Kinda funny...
    Question
    Yes but you had special powers there... you used to send fucking anonymous messages... I was very jealous of your powers >:O
  • S
    Yes I want to grab you by the :-x >:OAgustino

:o

(L) (L) (L)

>:O
  • Agustino
    Fock meah, as you Brits love to say >:O >:O
  • Wosret
    Ha, I was there like ten years ago, 2007 I believe. Think March maybe.
  • S
    Fock meah, as you Brits love to say >:O >:OAgustino

Not sure in what part of Britain people say it like that. Up North, perhaps.
  • Jamal
    Up North, perhaps.Sapientia

There be dragons.
  • Shawn
    Really?! You're willowz?! I remember that guy.Sapientia

Yeah, I kinda changed a lot since then. I guess L. Wittgenstein does that to you. Quietism for the win!
  • mcdoodle
    Up North, perhapsSapientia

Fock you, we say Up 'ere.
  • mcdoodle
    Welcome, or welcome back :)
  • jorndoe
    Welcome @dclements, 'bout time you got here. :)
  • jorndoe
    I was briefly a mod on the old philosophy forum about 11 years ago (as notquitethere). It's remarkable how the new owners could mess the place up so much. Maybe the residual ad revenue covers their costs? Goes to show that a community discussion group shouldn't be run for profit.jojo

forums.philosophyforums.com sure seems like a ghost town now.
    (Think I may have joined in 2008 or thereabouts.)

For-profit or otherwise, regular maintenance/attention is required.
    @Paul and the admins/mods did a pretty good job of that.
  • TimeLine
    I wish. That'd make me 21, which is actually how old I was when I joined PF. But people often assume that I'm about that age anyway, and are surprised when I tell them my age. Apparently I look several years younger than I am.Sapientia

So you're 28. :P
  • unenlightened
    What's with all this welcoming refugees nonsense. Send them all back, they'll only create problems and undermine our civilisation.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Send them back where? The homeland has been demolished.
  • Streetlight
    Their problem not ours. Make PF great again.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment